Hi guys, this is Nicki. Last week we ran the last 4 miles together at The Tunnel Vision Marathon. She is a mother of a 2 year old daughter and trains mostly with a baby stroller. She finished 6 seconds ahead of me in 8th place with her new PR of 2:55. She has already ran 5 Sub 3 hour marathons, very impressive.
In this 4th episode of The Extramilest Show, we discuss:
- balancing busy everyday life and training
- best practices for training with a running stroller
- how Nicki finally ran a Sub 3 hour marathon and much more.
I think many parents will relate to the topics discussed, however there is a lot of great advice that is applicable for any runner, from beginner to advance. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes, Libsyn or Soundcloud
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Question: How do you balance busy everyday life with training? Please let me know in the comments below!
Salty Running article about returning to racing after having a C-section.
Full race report of my Sub 3 Hour Tunnel Vision Marathon.
FULL SHOW TRANSCRIPT BELOW