“I think it shouldn’t add a lot of extra pressure on your system, if you want to change. I’m more actually interested in how can we remove any obstacles and do less but do the right things, better.” – Kasper van der Meulen
Kasper van der Meulen is a renowned author, speaker, and expert in the fields of human performance, mindfulness, and breathwork. He has worked with many elite athletes, special operators and other high performers.
We talk about:
- state regulation through the breath
- breathing strategies for athletes, hypoventilation
- training load and ways to recover with breathing
- functional and dysfunctional breathing
- posture, movement and the breath, including nasal breathing
Thanks also to LMNT for sponsoring this video! Visit DrinkLMNT.com/FLO to get your free LMNT sample pack with any purchase.
Hope you enjoy this episode with Kasper van der Meulen.
► Watch the interview on YouTube.
Find out more about Kasper here:
Links & Tools mentioned:
- Mindlift (book) by Kasper Van Der Meulen
- Scott Jurek books
- Lawrence van Lingen (YouTube)
- Breathing for Warriors (book) by Belisa Vranich
- 00:00 breathing techniques to improve your running
- 03:45 the power of the breath. Kasper’s journey to getting the word out.
- 08:04 state regulation through breathwork, minimal effective dose.
- 11:56 breathing strategies for athletes, Hypoventilation (under breathing).
- 17:16 the less you ventilate, the more you respirate.
- 19:28 balancing training load with breathwork as an aid to health and performance.
- 21:47 breathing practice for endurance running and recovery.
- 31:07 functional and dysfunctional breathing, hyperventilation and trauma.
- 40:46 posture and breath, vertical and horizontal breathing, desk athletes’ hips and glutes.
- 51:07 marathon running in aerobic and anaerobic zones, coordinating movement and breath.
- 1:01:31 Breathwork Masterclass with Kasper.
- 1:04:36 Mindlift (book) by Kasper.
- 1:06:09 Ways to become a strong, healthier and happier athlete
- 1:10:32 Outro and enter to win contest
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn commissions if you purchase items via my affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Affiliate links do not increase cost to you. Also, you do not need to use these links. You can also search for these same items in Amazon or on any search engine/shopping site of your choice and buy/research them that way.
What was your favorite lesson, takeaway or quote from this episode? Please let me know in the YouTube comments.