“There is so much fear, and perhaps rightfully so, about COVID-19. And, what if…If we subscribe to the philosophy that life is always working out for us, that there is an intelligence far greater than humans at work… That all is interconnected. What if…this corona virus is here to help us?To reset. To remember. What is truly important. Reconnecting with family and community. Reducing travel so that the environment, the skies, the air, our lungs all get a break.” – Gurpreet Gill
On today’s episode of the Extramilest Show #31, I have a conversation with Gurpreet Gill. She is an intuitive energy healer and breathwork practitioner. Through her own experiences, she has become specialized in healing from trauma in a variety of ways.
On The Extramilest podcast I speak with different guests about ways to become a stronger, healthier and happier athlete and human being. The mindset and stress management are important elements of this, especially right now.
Due to the Corona Virus outbreak that impacts everyone, I wanted to have a conversation about stress, uncertainty, trauma and also the opportunities and the positive impact that can come out of all of this.
Last week I came across a beautiful poem written by Gurpreet Gill that was powerful and thought provoking. I knew our paths were meant to cross. Hope you enjoy our conversation.
I would love to hear from you, where do you live and how is the current COVID-19 situation in your country? Also, what was one lesson or takeaway from this episode? Please let me know in the comments on YouTube or in the Extramilest Facebook group.
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Watch the video on YouTube
Find Gurpreet Gill here:
- Gurpreet reading her “What if” poem [1:00]
- Floris perspective of the Corona Virus unfolding [6:30]
- Gurpreet’s perspective of the Corona Pandemic and change is on the way [8:20]
- How two near death experiences helps Gurpreet understand trauma [11:25]
- How she sees control being stripped and how people can get through it [24:10]
- What Floris has noticed in the behavioral change of society in a short period of time [28:30]
- How everyone deals with this situation in their own way [34:45]
- How Floris experienced the first 2 weeks of the Corona pandemic outbreak [37:17]
- How Gurpreet transitioned from Fight, Flight or Freeze mode to becoming into the present mode [40:20]
- Going from taking photos from everything and actually being fully present [44:00]
- Asking for help [48:00]
- We are going to look back at the next few months for the rest of our lives [51:00]
- Dealing with fear and an invitation of healing [56:30]
- Breathing exercise when you are noticing you are feeling stressed [58:00]
- Things Floris noticed with his resting heart rate and MAF heart rate for a few days [59:30]
- Mind, body, spirit connection [1:01:40]
- How to connect with Gurpreet for a 20 – 30 minute session [1:05:05]