Last year Julianne Dickerson set a BIG GOAL to run her first Sub 3 Hour Marathon. Most athletes running Sub 3, will make it “just” under 3 hours in 2:59, or maybe a few minutes faster. At the recent CIM marathon, she skipped the entire 2:50’s and finished in an impressive 2:49!
In our conversation Julianne shares many great insights that you can apply directly to your own training, racing and life. We talk in detail about:
- running in Alaska
- how she sets and accomplishes big goals
- mindset strategies to overcome challenges
- heart rate training
- her MAF progress
- journaling details and much more
Julianna is part of the Marathon PR Program, a holistic approach to marathon training, running smarter, not harder. More info can be found at extramilest.com/marathon
I hope enjoy my conversation with Julianne Dickerson
What was your favorite quote or takeaway from this episode? I would love to hear from you in the comments on YouTube.
Watch the interview on YouTube.
Listen to the conversation on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Stitcher or your other favorite podcast platform.
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Watch the video on YouTube
Links and tools mentioned:
- Julianne Dickerson on Strava, Instagram and Facebook.
- Book Chi Running
- Book Digital Minimalism
- Extramilest Show with Danny Dreyer
- Marathon PR Program
- Julianne’s background in running [3:00]
- Running in Anchorage, Alaska [8:50]
- Treadmill walking at 30% [13:00]
- Summer training and racing in Alaska [15:00]
- Some of Julianne’s favorite workouts [22:00]
- Her CIM marathon race week experience [28:00]
- Racing by heart rate [33:20]
- How to get through tough spots in unknown terrain in races [36:10]
- Setting big goals [44:00]
- Julianne’s race day nutrition [50:00]
- Importance of consistency, volume and low intensity training [51:45]
- How Julianne goes about note taking [54:50]
- Recommendations Julianne would give herself as a younger runner looking to improve [1:10:50]
- How Chi Running has helped Julianne’s running [1:13:25]
- The 3 types of people you need in your life [1:18:45]