Kate Martini Freeman improved from a 4:59 marathon to a 2:58 marathon. She is an endurance athlete, running coach & mother. Kate and her husband Jimmy coached me when I started running and I’ve learned a lot from her.
🚨 Thanks to LMNT and HVMN for sponsoring this video!
Visit https://drinklmnt.com/FLO to get your free LMNT sample pack with any purchase.
Visit https://hvmn.com/FLO to save 20% off your order of Ketone IQ.
Enjoy my conversation with Kate.
Watch this full interview on YouTube.
► Watch the interview on YouTube.
► Listen on Apple Podcast, Spotify and Stitcher. or your other favorite podcast platform.
Find out more about Kate and Coyotes Running:
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn commissions if you purchase items via my affiliate links. “As an affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Affiliate links do not increase cost to you. Also, you do not need to use these links. You can also search for these same items on any search engine/shopping site of your choice and buy/research them that way.
Show notesKate Martini Freeman interview:
- 00:00:00 Push it, keep trying!
- 00:02:45 Sponsors: LMNT, HVMN
- 00:05:15 Kate’s backround as a runner, how it all started for her
- 00:07:59 Her first marathon at Kona, Hawaii 2002
- 00:12:07 From 4:59 marathon to BQ and Sub 3
- 00:14:08 Her first experience cheering on at the Boston Marathon
- 00:16:04 Kate’s thoughts on pace, strength training, hills, trails, etc
- 00:18:34 Bringing road athletes to the trails
- 00:19:28 Common mistakes are by athletes [16:35]
- 00:22:52 How Kate deals with the tough spots in a race
- 00:29:37 How to deal with running injuries
- 00:37:04 How to deal with colds and illnesses during training
- 00:39:34 Similarities among successful athletes
- 00:42:14 Differences in training for younger and older athletes
- 00:45:28 Differences in training and racing for women and men?
- 00:47:14 Training and racing strategies
- 00:49:14 Setting big goals and why Kate performed standup comedy
- 00:54:24 Dealing with motivation to workout
- 00:57:14 What recommendation would Kate give a younger version of herself
- 00:59:12 Any closing thoughts for athletes looking for to improve further
- 01:00:27 Free weekly newsletter Extramilest.com
What was your favorite lesson, takeaway or quote from this episode. Please let me know in the YouTube comments.
🚨 GIVEAWAY!! Win a 30 minutes Zoom Coaching Call with Coach Floris Gierman. To enter, subscribe to my YouTube channel & comment: what was your favorite takeaway, lesson or quote from this video? 2 winners will be picked by May 30th from the YouTube comments.🚨
To learn more about our running coaching program, from 5k to marathons and ultra distances, visit PBprogram.com, that is the Personal Best Program at PBprogram.com
You can find me, Floris Gierman, here: