“If you’ve got to push yourself out of the door, you might be pushing yourself a little bit too hard” – Todd Marentette
Todd Marentette is a 46 year old athlete from Ontaria, Canada. He went from 215lbs/113kg, to finishing 12 marathons.
We talk about what he learned in his training and racing journey, including some of his experiences with low heart rate training.
Thanks also to LMNT for sponsoring this video! Visit DrinkLMNT.com/FLO to get your free LMNT sample pack with any purchase.
Hope you enjoy this episode with Todd.
► Watch the interview on YouTube.
Find out more about Todd here:
Links & Tools mentioned:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:36 How Todd got into running
- 06:33 Learning patience and looking after your feet!
- 12:28 Fundamentals for non-elite runners, Todd’s routine.
- 16:43 Challenges and benefits with low heart rate training
- 20:45 First race day experiences
- 25:50 Further training cycles and races, beat your average!
- 28:19 What is your Why?
- 30:45 Running all seasons in Ontario
- 34:23 The perfect race morning
- 36:24 Heart rate monitoring, watch tech and metrics.
- 41:51 Base-building and adding in speed
- 47:37 Running isn’t just running
- 50:11 The role of recovery in training
- 53:18 Keeping active while desk-working, beauty of the trails.
- 56:22 Increasing volume of low intensity running
- 1:01:41 Find out more about Todd
- 1:02:13 What Todd learned through his running experiences.
- 1:04:06 Closing thoughts, don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- 1:07:10 Outro – about the PB Program
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn commissions if you purchase items via my affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Affiliate links do not increase cost to you. Also, you do not need to use these links. You can also search for these same items in Amazon or on any search engine/shopping site of your choice and buy/research them that way.
What was your favorite lesson, takeaway or quote from this episode? Please let me know in the YouTube comments.