“Longevity and consistency are superpowers!” – Chris Hauth on Extramilest Show #66 about how to run longer. Watch it on YouTube, or listen on Apple Podcast, Spotify and Stitcher or your other favorite podcast platform.
This was a special episode to record that surely helps push your boundaries in training, racing and life!
Chris Hauth is one of the world’s most respected endurance and ultra-endurance coaches. He is a two-time Olympian, former professional triathlete, ultra-runner. He is the founder of AIMP Coaching, which unlocks the best version of people through endurance experiences.
He took part in Human Performance Project’s 7X world tour (7 marathons, 7 continents, 7 days), which we discuss in depth with learnings every athlete can apply to their training, racing and life.
In our conversation, Chris shares a lot of insights for runners and triathletes looking to run longer and to grow, not only physically but mentally as well.
Thanks to LMNT and HVMN for sponsoring this video!
- Visit https://drinklmnt.com/FLO to get your free LMNT sample pack with any purchase.
- Visit https://hvmn.com/FLO to save 20% off your order of Ketone IQ.
Enjoy my conversation with Chris Hauth!
► Watch the interview on YouTube.
Find Chris Hauth here:
Links and Tools mentioned:
- Chris Hauth on Rich Roll podcast
- Steven Pressfield – Resistance
- join7x – website
- Instagram 7x project
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn commissions if you purchase items via my affiliate links. “As an affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Affiliate links do not increase cost to you. Also, you do not need to use these links. You can also search for these same items in Amazon or on any search engine/shopping site of your choice and buy/research them that way.
Show notes Chris Hauth:
- 00:00 Unlocking your full potential to run longer and go further.
- 02:52 Sponsors: LMNT, HVMN
- 05:08 Welcome Chris! Friendship with Rich Roll
- 09:14 Scaling up running distance with curiosity
- 11:30 Working in vs. working out
- 16:51 The when and the why to run longer
- 19:30 Dealing with adversity and resistance
- 22:05 Journaling, habits, values & principles
- 25:42 7x project with Special Operators
- 29:48 Re-entry to society, including for athletes, new purpose
- 37:50 Longevity and consistency, goals and validation
- 40:26 Like-minded people, naysayers and keeping it weird
- 41:45 Training for 7 marathons in 7 days in 7 continents!
- 45:00 Adversity, difficulty and disappointment on tour!
- 58:40 Failure, risk, fear and adventure to run longer
- 1:00:30 Floris’ planned adventures
- 1:08:18 Why am I doing this? Who do I want to be on the other side?
- 1:09:45 Find out more about Chris
- 1:12:06 How to become a stronger, healthier, happier athlete
- 1:13:00 Closing thoughts
I’d love to hear from you, what was your favorite lesson, quote or takeaway. Please let me know in the comments on YouTube HERE.
Thanks to LMNT for sponsoring this video! Head to DrinkLMNT.com/FLO to get your free sample pack with any purchase. LMNT is a delicious sugar-free electrolyte drink mix that I have been drinking for several years now. For runners symptoms of electrolyte deficiency are common. LMNT can help prevent and eliminate headaches, muscle cramps, fatigue, sleeplessness, and other common symptoms. Right now LMNT is offering my listeners a free sample pack with any order, That’s 8 single serving packets FREE with any LMNT order. This is a great way to try all 8 flavors. Get yours at DrinkLMNT.com/FLO.
Thanks to HVMN for sponsoring this video! Visit https://hvmn.com/FLO to save 20% off your order of Ketone IQ. Ketone IQ™ by HVMN is a supplement that increases your blood ketone levels. Many people, including myself, find that increasing ketone levels, by using a supplement such as Ketone-IQ, can greatly improve cognitive ability and even physical output for mental performance and exercise.
You can find me, Floris Gierman, here: